Thursday, June 21, 2012

Glenwood Diner

 With all the excitement of graduating college and getting married I completely forgot to post my final project. Our last project was to design a mixed-use space for a neighborhood close to the University. With my love of diners I knew exactly what I wanted to do and what better way to bring a community together than with good food and friendly faces. 
 The space I had to work with was from a previous building I designed in a group project. I had to work  what was there so I took advantage of the view of the neighborhood park and the tall ceilings.


  Ceilings were over 20 feet high in this space so I used horizontal beams to bring the eye down and out  onto the diners outdoor space. This also allows for a cozier space for people to come together.



 I used familiar aspects of a diner such as stainless steel counter space for sitting, an open kitchen and bakery items on display.


I really enjoyed working on this last project. I can't believe it's over and school is out for good. It seems like just yesterday I was starting into the Interior Architecture program at UNCG not knowing what I was in for. Four years of sleepless nights, constant eating, screaming at times, and I'm pretty sure I lost some hair. Totally worth it! 

No comments: